The Words of the Sledge
Subscribe to the RSS feed.
Friends Matthew Garrett
Scott James Remnant
Linaro VLANd v0.4
VLANd is a python program intended to make it easy to manage
port-based VLAN setups across multiple switches in a network. It is
designed to be vendor-agnostic, with a clean pluggable driver API to
allow for a wide range of different switches to be controlled
There's more information in
file. I've just released v0.4, with a lot of changes included since
the last release:
- Large numbers of bugfixes and code cleanups
- Code changes for integration with LAVA:
- Added db.find_lowest_unused_vlan_tag()
- create_vlan() with a tag of -1 will find and allocate the
first unused tag automatically
- Add port numbers as well as names to the ports
database, to give human-recognisable references. See
README.port-numbering for more details.
- Add tracking of trunks, the inter-switch connections, needed for
- Add a simple http-based visualisation feature:
- Generate network diagrams on-demand based on the information in the
VLANd database, colour-coded to show port configuration
- Generate a simple website to reference those diagrams.
- Allow more ports to be seen on Catalyst switches
- Add a systemd service file for vland
VLANd is Free Software, released under the GPL version 2 (or any
later version). For now, grab it
tarballs will be coming shortly.